Sunday, August 20, 2006

Praise You in This Storm*

I was sure by now / That You would have reached down / and wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day / But once again, I say, “Amen” / and it’s still raining

As the thunder rolls / I barely hear Your whisper through the rain, / “I’m with you”
And as Your mercy falls / I raise my hands and praise the God who gives / And takes away

I’ll praise You in this storm / And I will lift my hands / For You are who You are
No matter where I am / Every tear I’ve cried / You hold in Your hand
You never left my side / And though my heart is torn / I will praise You in this storm

I remember when / I stumbled in the wind / You heard my cry / You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone / How can I carry on / If I can’t find You

As the thunder rolls / I barely hear Your whisper through the rain, / “I’m with you”
And as Your mercy falls / I raise my hands and praise the God who gives / And takes away


I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth
**

*Casting Crowns, Lifesong **Psalm 121: 1-2

No comments: